Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I tried it and shared it with my work friends.  They are asking for the recipe. Steve wants to make it soon.

Cinnamon Roll Cake

2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
  I whisk this together and add:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk.
Slowly stir in 1/2 melted butter.
Put in a greased 9X13 pan.
  Make TOPPING
1 c butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 TB. flour
1 TB. cinnamon
   Mix well and drop evenly on the cake batter. Take a knife and swirl each dollop.
Bake 350* for 28- 32 minute ( I actually baked it about 5 minutes more)
 Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 TB milk
1 tsp. vanilla
   Stir together and pour over warm cake. This is supposed to be better warm, but was great cold. I tasted it. I have been doing speed walking laps in the hall to hopefully counteract that bit of imbibing I did.  (I have lost 6 pounds this week!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This was really good! Really rich. Thanks for letting me have a bite at the party!
;)