Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pumpkin Gingerbread with Caramel Sauce

This recipe means autumn and the holidays are here. We love it. I double the recipe and use a 9X13 pan. I also increase the baking time. The sauce is great on ice cream also.
 2 1/4 c. Flour
1/2 c. Sugar
2/3 c. Cold butter
  Cut this together and add 3/4 c. Chopped pecans. ( I don't add these)
Press 1 1/4 c into a 9X9 pan (don't grease it). To remaining crumbs add:
1 1/2 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Molasses
1/2 c. Puréed pumpkin (it can be canned, I just grow my own)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
 Mix well and pour over crust. Bake 40 minutes at 350*.
Sauce
1/2 c. Butter
1 1/4 c. Light brown sugar
2 Tbs. Corn syrup
1 c. Half and half or cream
1 tsp. vanilla
  Melt butter. Add sugar and syrup. Cook boiling about 5 minutes. Add cream, and return to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh wow! This looks AMAZING! I will have to have some next autumn!